PCV / HGV – Technician / Mechanic
PCV / HGV – Technician / Mechanic
The Travellers Choice Coaches is an industry leading, Coach Marque accredited, coach operator based in Carnforth, Lancashire. Established in 1872 it has grown to a fleet of over 100 immaculate coaches and midi-coaches. We pride ourselves in the quality and presentation of our fleet and we are looking for someone who shares the same vision in their work.
- 10 hour shifts.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Preventative Maintenance Inspections
- MOT Preparation & Presentations
- Carry out servicing, maintenance, diagnose faults & repair defects
- Attend vehicle breakdowns
- Complete all relevant paperwork
Qualifications & Essential Skills include:
- Qualification in heavy vehicle maintenance and repair (City & Guilds / NVQ) Level 3 or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years experience and able to undertake all aspects of heavy vehicle maintenance to a high standard
- Enjoy problem solving and produce a high quality of workmanship
- Current & valid car licence
- General level of computer literacy
Desirable Skills include:
- Category D PCV Licence (successful candidate will be trained to attain a PCV license)
- Experience working with digital fleet management software
- Experience using Vcads / Gel test diagnostics software
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: £13.75-£15.00 per hour
- On-site parking
- 10 hour shift
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
We are always on the lookout for qualified, experienced drivers to work with the team.
If you are interested in a career at The Travellers Choice please complete our application form and return it to our Head Office at Carnforth.
Please call 01524 720033 for further details or email email@example.com.
About The Travellers Choice
Travellers Choice is a family run business, trading since 1872. With head office based in north Lancashire, we operate several businesses in various locations across the country. From our head office we run a fleet of 80 vehicles from 16 – 82 seat coaches, and we service all of our vehicles in our own engineering department.
Having the right people in the right place, with the right skills, at the right time is essential to our business success and our apprenticeship schemes help ensure we continue to provide market leading service to our customers.
What We Are Looking For
To apply, you will need a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above (A*-C), including Maths, English and a Science.
With a keen, demonstrable interest in Engineering, you will be eager to learn and be able to adapt to a changing environment. With the ability to use your own initiative, you will take co-responsibility for your development within the business and help shape your future career.
You will work towards a Level 3 NVQ in Engineering as part of the Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
This 3 year scheme will provide you with practical hands-on experience gaining an insight into areas including servicing, repair and safety inspection.
As the apprenticeship develops you will also expand your knowledge in areas such as electrical fault finding, diagnostics and repair.
A competitive starting hourly rate of £7.50 per hour, rising during each year of the scheme; 30 days of holiday (which includes statutory holidays); a pension scheme and onsite parking.
To Apply, click the lick below, fill in the application and return to: firstname.lastname@example.org